Lead Aprons | Flexback
Lead Aprons – Hand crafted in the USA | Custom Sizes |
Lead aprons with flexback are one our most popular lead apron and their quality and craftsmanship is evident in this light-weight, back supported lead apron. Flexback lead apron transfers the weight from the shoulders to the hips by utilizing an elastic back system. When the aprons velcro tabs are engaged the elastic “flexes” your apron weight burden off your shoulders, relieving your back and providing long-lasting comfort.
Flexback apron includes:
- Thyroid Collar
- Ripstop or standard nylon fabrics
- Flex Elastic – A flexible, stretch material, usually found in the back of an apron, which allows the apron’s closure mechanism to “flex” away the apron’s burden by shifting weight from your shoulders to your hips; thus relieving your back.
- Backstrap – A thick velcro strap found on the back of an apron, usually a frontal protection apron, which secures one shoulder area to the other. A backstrap provides a secure, comfortable fit by not allowing the apron to slip on your
- Lead Apron Cores:
- Standard Lead (USA ASTM and EU IEC compliance) Standard lead option is the heaviest core material. Though heavy, pure lead vinyl is the most affordable material and consistently provides protection over a wide kVp ranges
- Light-Weight Lead (ASTM Compliance) Over 10% lighter than standard lead. Our light-weight lead provides protection equal to traditional lead aprons while providing an excellent reduction in weight.
- Ultralite Lead (ASTM Compliance) A blend of lead, antimony, bismuth, and additional attenuating elements all perfectly combined in one homogeneous, ultra lite weight layer. Ultralite lead is within 1% of Lead-Free's weight, yet is more affordable and protective due to its lead content.
- Lead-Free (ASTM Compliance) Lead free vinyl is 20% lighter than lead and 10% lighter than light lead. It is environmentally safe and can be disposed of through normal waste procedures.
- Premier (ASTM Compliance) Premier vinyl represents a breakthrough in core material technology. Premier is lead-free, 30% lighter than lead and 8 - 10% lighter than our lead-free material. Premier is ideal for long procedures. When compared to competitors, Premier has no equal.
- Bilayer (USA ASTM and EU IEC compliance) Bilayer is a proprietary, multi layer configuration comprised of Antimony and Bismuth. Together, these elements meet new IEC 61331-1 standards and properly block x-ray from 50 kVp to 150 kVp. Protech's bilayer material is lead-free, light-weight, and disposable. Due to the prevailing standards in the USA, Bilayer will be more expensive and slightly heavier than an ASTM (US) compliant lead-free apron.
Radiation safety aprons with a full guarantee on defects related to workmanship and materials for 2 years from ProTech following the date of manufacture (aka QC Date). This warranty does not cover damage caused by abuse, neglect or use in non-medical/intended uses.
X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large(+100.00), XXL (+100.00), XXXL ($150.00), Custom
Standard Lead .50mm LE, Ultralight Lead .50mm LE(+118.00), Lead Free .50mm LE(+145.00), Premier(+235.00), Bilayer material-IEC(+235.00)
Nylon – Black #100, Nylon – Burgundy #102, Nylon – Forest Green #104, Nylon – Gray #106, Nylon – Green #108, Nylon – Hot Pink #110, Nylon – Light Royal #112, Nylon – Navy #116, Nylon – Neon Green #118, Nylon – Orange #120, Nylon – Purple #122, Nylon – Red #126, Nylon – Rose #128, Nylon – Royal #130, Nylon – Tan #132, Nylon – Light Teal #134, Nylon – Yellow #138, Ripstop – Black #200, Ripstop – Brown #202, Ripstop – Burgundy #204, Ripstop – Chocolate #206, Ripstop – Forest Green #208, Ripstop – Green #210, Ripstop – Navy #212, Ripstop – Purple #214, Ripstop – Red #216, Ripstop – Royal Blue #218, Nylon – Tan #132
None, Above Pocket, On Pocket
None, Black, Brown, Burgundy, Chocolate, Forest Green, Grey, Green, Hot Pink, Light Royal, Navy, Orange, Purpose, Red, Royal, Silver, Tan, Teal